CHS ~ “Jump Start” ~ AACC. Transitional Strategies: Breaking Down the Barriers. CHS ~ “Jump Start” ~ AACC. Chesapeake High School in the fall of 2004 had 23% (75/327) of all the students countywide enrolled in the Anne Arundel County Community College’s “JUMP START” Program.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Breaking Down the Barriers
- 99% took 2 classes per day.
- 1% took 3 classes per day.
- 87% were in our level 3 - College Prep Program
- 11% were in our level 2 - Average Program
- 2% were in our CT level – Co-Taught Program
- 43% took 1 AP course.
- 45% took 2 AP courses.
- 12% took 3 AP courses!
- 31% AP English; 24% AP Psychology; 13% AP Environmental Science; 7% AP Human Geography; 7% AP Physics; 6% AP Art History; 4% AP Statistics; 3% AP Biology; and 1 class each of AP Chemistry, AP French, AP Spanish and AP Music Theory.
- 72% took 1 course at AACC.
- 23% took 2 courses at AACC.
- 5% took 3 courses at AACC.
- 90% at AACC’s main campus.
- 10% at one of AACC’s satellite campuses.
8% - very difficult
38% - somewhat challenging
31% - not very difficult
23% - very easy.
76% - No.
23% - A few.
What kind of problems?
Traffic, parking, getting transportation, late often because of an 11am class.
1% - Yes, many.
What kind of problems?
39% - one additional course
1% - 2 additional courses
60% - just the course(s) I did take.
Why? Too busy.
70% - friendly
45% - cooperative
5% - not helpful
0% - unfriendly
69% - Yes, I plan on taking . . .
71% - 1 course
27% - 2 courses
2% - 3 courses
31% - No.
Why? All were going to work.
69% - the AACC main campus
14% - the AACC center at Arundel Mills
6% - the AACC center in Glen Burnie
11% - at Chesapeake High School
49% - Excellent. Why?Great teachers, learned a lot, cost, college credit, prepared me for college . . .
32% - Good. Why?Classes were interesting, cooperative teachers, made me feel grown up . . .
15% - Satisfactory. Why?Teacher was bad, transporta- tion problems, course was too easy . . .
4% - Poor. Why? Course was too hard, couldn’t focus.
57% - Yes.
58% - Full time
42% - Part time
43% - No.
- Have an organized registration at CHS for 2nd semester.
- Don’t schedule an 11am class – not enough time to get there.
- Don’t do more than 2 classes at one time.
- Have the courses offered at Chesapeake High School.
- It would be nice to have a bus.