Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Restricted distribution NGO Section/AICESIS/Sciences Po/Academia. Promoting the advancement and achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) through new academic programs, pedagogical tools, and educational software. Project background. Objective.
Promoting the advancement and achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) through new academic programs, pedagogical tools, and educational software
promote MDG implementation through new academic programs and educational tools by presenting MDGs as an academic subject-matter
wide-scale partnership between UN institutions – under the coordination of the UN/DESA NGO Section –, Informal Regional NGO Networks (IRENE), the International Association of Economic and Social Councils and Similar Institutions (IAESCSI), national Economic and Social Councils, the Institute of Political Sciences (Sciences Po), Civil Society Organizations (CSOs/NGOs), higher education institutions and other key stakeholders
– 2004-2005 three MDG questionnaires-surveys aimed at:
● analyzing and reporting on activities, achievements and views by national Economic and Social Councils in implementing the MDGs (IAESCSI UN/MDG questionnaire/survey);
● analyzing and reporting on activities, achievements and views by NGOs in implementing the MDGs (NGO UN/MDG questionnaire/survey);
● determining how higher education institutions in various countries are including MDGs in their curricula and how they are being applied in developing countries (universities UN/MDG questionnaire/survey)
– brainstorming sessions under the auspices of the UN/DESA/NGO Section on working out new approaches and methodologies to resolve the education and training gaps in MDGs
– results of the experts roundtable in Paris on October 24, 2005
– two regional expert roundtables – in Africa and Latin America, organized with the cooperation and contribution of IAESCSI and UN/NGO/IRENE coordinators
– critical analysis of existing training programs, university curricula and other courses in the following Millennium Declaration and MDG sectors:
● peace and security;
● human rights;
● role of women;
● the environment
– Comprehensive body of documents and reports on MDG implementation:
– strategic analysis of major gaps and flaws in current pedagogical/didactical teaching and training tools related to MDGs and Millennium Declaration Road map
– main conclusions and recommendations stemming from these findings and identification of potential pedagogical and didactical approaches to curriculum development