Avnet Abacus is a pan-European demand creation distributor specialising in interconnect, passive, electromechanical, power supply and battery products. Avnet Abacus’ extensive product range and exceptional linecard is supported by a team of product specialists based in 40 offices across Europe, delivering technical expertise and technology focused initiatives. Avnet Abacus is a business unit of Avnet Electronics Marketing EMEA, a business region of Avnet, Inc., (NYSE:AVT).
- This role operates within the European Product Marketing team. The Product Manager works in conjunction and close collaboration with Asset, the regional Technical Marketing and Sales teams with final target to develop, agree, implement communicate, execute and monitor Product Marketing strategies by evaluation of the suppliers price, product range, technology and market footprint
- The Product Manager is the main contact for the assigned suppliers and/or specific products at EMEA level and responsible to provide the required infrastructure with focus on our inventory profile, the creation and continues improvement of sales tools, as well as the monitoring and identification of market trends to secure our long term growth and improvement of our market position.
- Experience of Passive Components within a customer, manufacturer or distributor
- Demonstrate a knowledge of market forces & conditions, and how we support customers to fulfill their needs, by utilizing best practice marketing, commercial & negotiation skills
- Degree educated with either a technical background and/or commercial training
- Understanding of the principles of electronic design and application would be preferred
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers, suppliers and colleagues and offer the best service and support
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage multiple activities effectively
- A team player who is prepared to take responsibility
- Confident, decisive, pragmatic and flexible
- Communicate effectively in English and German (written and oral)
- Good computer skills (MS Office, ERP-systems, SAP knowledge preferred).
To strengthen our European Product Marketing Team in Poing (Munich) we are looking for a:
Product Manager (m/f)
for Passive Components
If teamwork and enjoyment at work is important to you, if you value independence and responsibility, and if you are searching for diversified tasks in an international company you are exactly the right person for our team! Performance-related compensation is available. Please send your application in English via email to HR.CE@avnet.eu