Leishmaniasis. Different stages of Haemoflagellates. Leishmania life cycle. Promastigote Amasitgote Transformation. Leishmania life cycle. Amastigotes replicate in reticuloendothelial cells (mononuclear cells) including; Monocytes Macrophages in lymph nodes, spleen, and lung;
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Leishmania life cycle
Promastigotes reproduce in biting fly (Phlebotomus, Lutzomyia)
Skin ulcers on the exposed parts of the body such as the face, arms and legs.
Old World: L. major, L. tropica, L. aethiopica (DCL)
New World: L. mexicana, L. pifanoi, L. amazonensis, L. venezuelensis, L. granhami,
In Iran: P. papatasi.
Sporotrichoid form cutaneous infections.
Diffuse cutaneous leishmaniasis
L. donovani macrophages) throughout multiple internal organs and the blood, anthroponotic
L. infantum, zoonosis,
L. donovani ,(archibaldi), zoonosis,
L. chagasi, zoonotic
- Causative agent is L. infantum
- Reservior host: involving canine such as Dog, Jackal, fox, wolf and other wild carnivorouses.
- The probable main vector in Iran is Phlebotomus major (Fars), other vectors are P.keshishiani (Fars), P. Perfiliewi (Dashte-Moghan),P. kandelakii (Meshkinshahr).
- Age distribution: the disease mainly occurs in children from 1 to 4 years of age.
Laboratory Diagnosis of macrophages) throughout multiple internal organs and the bloodleishmaniasis :
1. Cutaneous Leishmaniasis
2. macrophages) throughout multiple internal organs and the bloodVisceral Leishmaniasis