An- najah national university faculty of engineering mechanical engineering department . INTRODUCTION A robot is machine that can move and do different tasks without human help.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
An-najah national university faculty of engineeringmechanical engineering department
A robot is machine that can move and do different tasks without human help.
Mole robot is a robot which has been prepared for more economic solution for creating underground space, opening tunnels and as inspection in pipe robot.
This type of robots was used in excavation the channel tunnel between England and France.
Mole robot consists of several parts that should be designed step by step. So the following components will be considered during the design process:
1. Disks .
2. Arms .
4. Springs (torsion and compression).
5. Joints .
The cutting tool holder should be able to deal with the ground conditions expected. The size of the cutting tool holder and the geological conditions of the excavated region determine the type and the configuration of the holder that should be used.
A cutting tool is used to remove material from the work piece, so it should has some properties during operation.
The four important aspect that need consideration in cutting tool are:
The hydraulic is defined as the use of confined liquid to transmit power. There are many scientists who had studied hydraulic power such as Blaise Pascal.
Hydraulic runs by incompressible fluid, so higher force will produce that can move much higher loads.
When talking about hydraulic circuit the following components will be considered:
1. Hydraulic fluid: To transmit power.
2. Reservioer:To provide storage for reserve fluid needed for the system.
3. Filter:Toprotect from harmful particles and contamination.
4. Hydraulic pump: Converts mechanical energy to hydraulic energy.
5. Hydraulic motor: Converts hydraulic energy to mechanical energy.
6. Fluid lines: To transport fluid through hydraulic system.
7. Hydraulic valves: To control pressure, flow and direction of hydraulic fluid.
Mole robot is one of the most interesting issues has been developed, It has wide industrial usage where pipe inspection under various conditions becomes an issue which includes traversing through vertical pipes, elbows and long horizontal pipelines.
1. Hydraulic muscles: to control the direction of mole robot.
2. Force sensor: During the excavation process robot may reach zone contain hard rock, which can not be excavated so the robot can change its direction by force sensor.
3. Starting operate speed: When you run the robot seemed to work we should increase speed gradually in order to avoid structure damage.