T he King and the Qu een qu arreled qu ickly How many o c eans is A s ia wa sh ed by?. Tongue-twister. Scotland Russian Federation New York Black Sea Europe Arctic Ocean Volga North America France Alps. Articles with geographical names.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The King and the Queen quarreled quickly
How many oceans is Asia washed by?
- To revise lexical and grammar material on the theme “Countries”
To get information about geographical particularities of Australia, its history, cities, structure
To develop skills of working with text
To develop skills of speaking and listening comprehension
Answer the question: “Whyis Australia called an upside down world?”
The Commonwealth of Australia is situated in the southern hemisphere, occupying the continent of Australia and a great number of islands of which Tasmania is the most important. Australia is a continent-island washed by the Indian and the Pacific Oceans.
The Commonwealth of Australia is a federation of states. Australia has six states — New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia. Each state has its government. Australia has two territories — the Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory
Australia is a constitutional monarchy like Great Britain. The British monarch, Queen Elizabeth II, is also queen of Australia and country's head of state. Until 1901 Australia was a British colony. Now Australia is an independent federal state.
Canberra was specially planned as a capital. It is a quiet city. All the government buildings are situated there. There are no industrial plants in the city. About 300,000 people live in Canberra.
The population of the country is more than 20 million people. ItismainlyofBritishorigin.Most of them live in large cities.Thereareabout200.000 aborigines(native inhabitants) inAustralia.
1. Australia is the largest continent.
2. Australia consists of 7 states and 1 territory.
3. The name of the country came from Latin word which means “northern”.
4. The capital of Australia is Sydney.
5. The official language in Australia is English.
6. The country’s head is President.
7.There is a British flag and white stars on Australian flag.
8. Animal world of Australia is unique.
9.The hottest month in Australia is July.
2) Chinese, Dutch and British sailors;
3) Union Jack
5) Port Jackson;
7) one country;
8) new roads, railways and growing cities;
9) Italy, Germany, Greece and Holland.
1. This animal lives in Australia, it jumps fast.
2. The name of one of the oceans, Australia washed by
3. It is a wild dog.
4. One of the biggest cities in Australia.
5. Native inhabitants of Australia.
6. The name of one of the territories in Australia.