Kaylin’s Cookbook. Maple- Glazed Chicken. 1. Whisk syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small, shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
Maple- Glazed Chicken
1. Whisk syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small, shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
2. Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
3. Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce and serve.
4. Tip: Wrap and freeze the chicken tenders. When you have gathered enough, use them in a stir-fry—they are the perfect size.
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts(about 8 ounces), trimmed and tenders removed
2 ¾ cups all- purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
1. Place the batter fry mix in a shallow bowl; set aside. In another shallow bowl slightly beat eggs; set aside.
2. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Dip chicken pieces, 1 at a time, into beaten eggs; coat with fry mix. Dip into the beaten eggs and coat with fry mix again. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces, beaten eggs, and fry mix.
3. Add oil to a 12-inch heavy skillet to a depth of 1/3 to 1/2 inch. Heat over medium-high heat until hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Carefully add chicken to skillet. (Do not crowd chicken. If necessary, use 2 skillets.) Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning about halfway through to brown evenly. (Cook to 170 degree F for breasts; 180 degree F for thighs and drumsticks). Drain chicken pieces on paper towels.
4. Pass bottled hot pepper sauce with chicken. Serves 6.
1/2 of a 10-ounce package all-purpose batter fry mix* (about 3/4 cup)
2-1/2 to 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks), skinned if desired
Salt and ground black pepper
Peanut oil or cooking oil
Bottled hot pepper sauce
Grilled Rosemary Trout with lemon butter
1. In a small bowl stir together the butter, lemon peel, and half of the shallots; season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Set aside.
2. Rinse fish; pat dry. Spread each fish open. Place fish skin sides down. Rub remaining shallots and the rosemary onto fish; sprinkle with additional salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice and oil. Grill fish, skin sides down, on the lightly greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, place tomatoes, cut sides up, on grill rack; dot each with 1/4 teaspoon of the butter mixture. Grill for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through. Remove fish and tomatoes from the grill. Cut each fish in half lengthwise. In a small saucepan melt remaining butter mixture; serve with fish and tomatoes. Sprinkle fish with parsley
4 teaspoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots or onion
2 fresh rainbow trout, pan dressed and boned (8 to 10 ounces each)*
1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
Three Layer chocolate cake
3 cups all purpose flour1 1/2 tsp salt3/4 tsp baking powder1 1/2 tsp baking soda2 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup + 2 Tb cocoa1 cup + 2 Tb water1 cup + 2 Tb canola oil
5 Large eggs3/4 cup water1 1/2 tsp vanilla