Genetics Practice Problems. Ratios. 1. What would be the genotypic and phenotypic ratios be for a cross between a true-breeding tall pea plant and a true-breeding short pea plant?. 2. What would be the phenotypic ratio be for the following cross: Tt x tt.
Genetics Practice Problems
1. What would be the genotypic and phenotypic ratios be for a cross between a true-breeding tall pea plant and a true-breeding short pea plant?
7. In cows, roan coat color is caused by having one red allele (R) and one white allele (W). What is the genotypic ratio of the following cross:RR x WW
9. In snapdragons, red flower color (R) is incompletely dominant to white flower color (R’), what is the phenotypic and genotypic ratio for the following cross:RR x R’R’
11. In Guinea Pigs, 2 genes control coat color. One gene controls whether they will be colored (A) or albino (a). The other gene determines if they will be black (B) or brown (b). What type of inheritance pattern is this?
12. What will be the phenotypic ratio of the following crosses:
AaBB x Aabb
AaBb x AaBb
AaBB x aaBb
AaBb x aabb
Calculate the probabilities of the production of the offspring for each cross
AAbb x aaBB
AaBbCc x AaBbCc
Non-Mendelian Inheritance Patterns
In a heterozygote, both alleles are expressed individually.
In a heterozygote, the phenotype expressed is blended between what the alleles actually code for.
2 genes affect one trait, but one gene controls the expression of the 2nd gene.
Spermatogenesis and Oogenesis
How many gametes are produced during oogenesis?
What is the scientific name for the gamete?
When does spermatogenesis begin?
How many gametes are produced during spermatogenesis?
When does oogenesis begin?