Improving Safety in Aviation – the main aim of language proficiency. “ Flying is so many parts skill , so many parts planning , so many parts maintenance , and so many parts luck . The trick is to reduce the luck by increasing the others…” — David L. Baker.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Improving Safety in Aviation – the main aim of language proficiency
“Flyingis so many parts skill,
so many parts planning,
so many parts maintenance, and so many parts luck.
The trick is to reduce the luck by increasing the others…”
— David L. Baker
SAFETYis the state in which the risk of harm to persons or property damage is reduced to, and maintained at or below, an acceptable level through a continuing process of hazard identification and risk management.
The risk is
at any level
If the risk can
be mitigated, it
The risk is acceptable
as it currently stands
Level 1 or 2
ICAO LP Requirements, personnel training, LP Tests
3. Development of regulatory documentson LPR.
In 2008 the SAA of Ukraine issued Regulatory document called“Aviation Personnel Language Proficiency Testing in accordance with the ICAO Rating Scale” in which the Test Format, Test Procedure and Test Team Qualifications are described.
4. Training of Aviation English Teachers, Examiners/Raters (28 people);
5. Development and approval of LP training programmesand testsin accordance with the ICAO Doc. 9835 (2nd edition), ICAO Cir. 318 and Cir. 323;
6. Foundation and Certification of training/testing centres (10 centers).
Higher Educational Establishments
ICAO Training Institute (National Aviation University )
State Flight Academy of Ukraine
7. Periodical audits and surveys of Aviation English Training Centers based on their test records and documents analysis.
In December 2010 there was raters/examiners accreditation regarding all new Aviation LP approaches, requirements, demands and recommendations.
8. Pilots and Controllers initial and recurrent trainingsto maintain operational level and above.
9. Integration of Flight Simulator Training and LP Training.
Three basic defences in aviation:
Aviation English &
LP Training Programmes efficiency
The balance will improve communication skills and mitigate risks. Therefore, the safety level will be increased.
Aviation English &
LP Maintenance and Sustainability Training
Let’s learn from yesterday
Work for today and
Hope for tomorrow…
Thank you for your attention!