2. Project PMS Implemented at 10 stations on New Delhi- Howrah corridor. NR---New Delhi, DelhiNCR--Kanpur, AllahabadECR-- Gaya, Patna, Danapur, Mughalsarai ER-Howrah,Sealdah. 3. Main Features. Direct capture of parcel weight electronicallyUniversal windows for all destinations for bookingS
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
3. 3 Main Features Direct capture of parcel weight electronically
Universal windows for all destinations for booking
Single window for weigh-ment and cash payment possible
Advance unloading guidance about inward parcel from the system at destination
Tracking parcel with help of barcode technology and through SMS
Train Master entry along with scales by Railways
5. Benefits Customer
Track latest status of the parcel through internet and SMS
Reduction in time required for weighment and booking
Automatic freight calculation based on latest rules
Reduction in human errors.
Loading generally according to priority thereby curtailing malpractices and complaints
Beneficial to Accounts for internal check
Reduction in Claims
Potential for revenue generation based on improvement in service.
6. What does PMS involve Centralized servers in CRIS
Thin Clients/printers/switches/ups at booking offices
Thin Clients/Electronic weighment machines/ switches/ups in godowns
Barcode printers at common booking window
Mobile Barcode scanners at platforms and inward godowns with GPRS connectivity
8. Modules Forwarding note
Booking-Parcel, luggage, lease, FSLA
Loading-Loading guidance-Loading summary
Unloading-Unloading guidance, Unloading summary
System Administration and Master maintenance
16. Handheld Mobile devices at Parcel offices over GPRS Connectivity Handheld mobile devices with barcode scanner facility, will be used for transmitting the PMS Data to the PMS server at CRIS New Delhi in Realtime fashion, through GPRS network. The GPRS network will be from service providers as utilised in HHT Project. Centralised server architecture must be used with central server at CRIS New Delhi and PDA’s parcel stations.
The hardware and software requirement including VPN application at server and VPN clients in PDA’s will be addressed by PMS application group.
The SIM required with GPRS facility for PDA’s will be finalised from service provider by CRIS on behalf of Railways. However respective railway shall apply for SIM and funds will be made available by railways from revenue.
28. 28 Online database holds the data only for 3 months after booking. Data more than 3 months old is sent to another database capable of holding voluminous data, which is called data warehouse.
A separate application has been made to access this archived data. A person can at any moment of time can fetch data from data-warehouse for various MIS reports. Data Warehouse
34. 34 Implementation strategy for Roll out
Amount sanctioned by Railway Board Rs.115.32 Crores
Corridors proposed 4
Stations proposed 76
Zones to be covered 11
Corridors proposed 6
Stations proposed 144
Zones to be covered 5
35. 35 Stations proposed in Ist phase Rly-wise Central Railway 9
East Coast Railway 10
North Central Railway 4
Northern Railway 3
South Central Railway 18
South-East Central Rly 7
South-Eastern Railway 8
Southern Railway 1
West Central Railway 6
Western Railway 10