1. Investigation 3.4 Bits and Pieces I
2. Overview In this investigation we are looking at sharing some food for a food drive with some families.
5. Letter C asks us about using a calculator to divide the numerator of each fraction by the denominator. Does this method work – and what problems come up?
6. For letter D hopefully you can see that dividing the numerator by the denominator to get a decimal equivalent. We should make sure to make estimates ahead of time to check our results.
7. Review Fractions can be converted to decimals by dividing the numerator by the denominator.
Some fractions can be reduced and converted easily.
Some fractions can not be represented exactly as decimals (1/3 = .333333 or .3