Excel Exam Review. Collin College Credit Exam. True or False. 1) In Excel worksheets, rows are designated using letters. False, rows numbers & columns letters. True or False. 2) A cell is the intersection of a column and a row. True. True or False.
Excel Exam Review
Collin College Credit Exam
1) In Excel worksheets, rows are designated using letters.
False, rows numbers & columns letters
2) A cell is the intersection of a column and a row.
3) By default, Excel aligns all numbers to the left when they are first entered into cells.
False, numbers to the right, text left
4) If you change the contents of a cell that is included in a formula, the resulting values from that formula will automatically be recalculated.
5) When you click in a cell it becomes the active cell?
6) The spell check feature removes the need to proofread a worksheet.
False, always proofread
7) By default, columns are all the same width and rows are all the same height.
8) The fill handle is in the bottom left corner of the active cell.
9) When Excel calculates averages, blank cells or cells containing text are ignored.
10) You can insert into a worksheet.
a. Lines and Basic Shapes
b. Block Arrows
d. All of the above
11) In the Page Setup dialog box, you can choose to center a worksheet horizontally but not vertically on the page.
12) To center a title over the spreadsheet width use?
a.Merge and Center
c.Ctrl + Home
13) Headers and Footers do not show up in the worksheet area when in Normal view; to see them you have to use Page Layout View, Print or Print Preview the worksheet.
14) A new workbook will initially contain only three worksheets; more can be added later if needed.
15) If you copy data to cells already containing data, the existing data will remain in place and the copied data will be added to it.
False, copying will replace the data
16) A formula with a 3-D reference is used to consolidate data from several worksheets in one worksheet, i.e. a Summary.
17) The selected cells being cut or copied are called the source.
18) Use the fill handle to “Squeeze” the worksheet down to one page.
False, copy not squeeze
19) A group of adjacent cells in a worksheet is called a matrix.
20) The AutoComplete feature in Excel does which of the following?
a.completes formulas for you as you type
b.fills in adjacent cells with the same or incremental values
c.automatically formats the worksheet from a list of choices
d.completes text entries if the first few letters match another entry in the column
21) If you key Sun (for Sunday) in cell B2 and then use the fill handle to place data into cell B3, what will be the resulting entry in cell B3?
22) If you key Sun (for Sunday) in cell B2, click the Copy button, move to cell B3, and then click the Paste button, what will be the resulting entry in cell B3?
23) All formulas in an Excel worksheet must begin with this symbol.
24) When several consecutive cells are to be used in the calculation of a formula, such as the SUM function, this set of cells is usually referred to as a(n) ________ of cells.
25) A group of worksheets in the same file is called a
26) The arithmetic mean of a range of cells is found by using which function?
27) If you create a custom header or footer for a worksheet, where can items be placed?
a.on the left side or right side of the page, both left aligned
b.on the left side or right side of the page, both right aligned
c.on the left side, in the center, or on the right side of the page, all left aligned
d.on the left side, left aligned; in the center, centered; or on the right side of the page, right aligned
28) What is the first step that should be taken when creating a chart?
a.providing a name for the chart
b.selecting the chart type
c.selecting the range of cells that contain the data the chart will use
d.choosing the data labels that will be used on the chart
29) When clicking the insert worksheet icon, new worksheets are inserted
a.to the left of the active worksheet.
b.to the right of the active worksheet.
c.before the first existing worksheet.
d.after the last existing worksheet.
30) What will double-clicking a sheet tab do for you?
a.It will make a duplicate of that worksheet into a new worksheet.
b.It will put a copy of that worksheet on the Clipboard.
c.It will allow you to rename the sheet.
d.It will allow you to move the sheet.
31) To move a worksheet to a different position
a.click and drag the sheet tab to the new location.
b.hold the Ctrl key down while dragging the sheet tab to the new location.
c.right-click and drag the sheet tab to the new location.
d.delete the worksheet and then insert it again into the new location.
32) Which of the following will be copied from one cell to another if Format Painter is used?
d.All of the above.
33) Preformatted worksheets used for special purposes such as creating sales invoices are called
34) Predefined formatting attributes such as “Good, Bad and Neutral” that can be applied to a cell are called
35) _____ format applies a $, comma in the thousands, and two decimal places to each value.
d. Both A and B
36) What two choices are given in the Chart Location dialog box?
a.As new sheet
b.As object in
c.Both A and B
37) Press these keys to go to cell A1 from anywhere in a worksheet?
a.Ctrl + Enter
c.Ctrl + Home
38) The Find and Replace dialog box can be used to search for text, numbers and formats?
39) You can group multiple nonadjacent worksheets by holding down the Shift key while clicking each tab.
False, the Control Key
40) Which of the following is NOT one of the options in the “Print What” section of the print dialog box?
b. Active Sheet
c. Page Range
41) You can hide an entire worksheet.
42) _____ will appear in a cell indicating that the data in that cell is wider than the column.
d.- - - - -
43) If a worksheet is saved as a Web Page, and you want to jump from the worksheet to another file or location on the Internet, you need to insert which of the following into the worksheet?
44) A chart must contain a legend.
False, some charts do not need legends