novo. Health Care Data Standards. s tandards are critical components in the development and implementation of an electronic health record. (EHR).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
-used to describe those standards having to do with the structure and content of health information, it maybe useful to differentiate data, information and knowledge
Data standards represents both data and their transformation into information.
Health Data Interchange Standards
- address, primarily, the format of messages that are exchanged between computer systems, document architecture, clinical templates, user interface and patient data linkage
Message Format Standards
4 broad classes:
Medical device communication
Digital imaging communication
Administrative data exchange
Clinical data exchange
National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics
- advisory committee established to make recommendation on health information policy to the (HHS)- “study the issues related to the adoption of uniform data standards for patient medical record information and the electronic exchange of such information”
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers 9IEE)
P1073 Medical Information Bus (MIB)
- support continuous and comprehensive capture and communication of data from bedside medical devices
Accredited Standards Committee
-to facilitate electronic business transaction
National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP)
- Develop for standards for information processing for the pharmacy services sector of the health care industry
International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems: Ninth revision and Clinical Modifications
Current Procedural Terminology, Fourth Revision
- is a listing of descriptive terms and codes for reporting medical services and proceduresLOINC (logical observation identifiers names and codes)-provides a set of universal names and numeric identifier code for laboratory and clinical observations and measurements in a database structure.
- a clinical drug nomenclature produced by NLM
-provides standard names for clinical drugs (active ingredients+ strength + dose form)