Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. BASIC DIFFERENTIATION RULES AND RATES OF CHANGE Section 2.2
2. When you are done with your homework, you should be able to? Find the derivative of a function using the Constant Rule
Find the derivative of a function using the Power Rule
Find the derivative of a function using the Constant Multiple Rule
Find the derivative of a function using the Sum and Difference Rules
Find the derivatives of the sine function and the cosine function
Use derivatives to find rates of change
3. THE CONSTANT RULE The derivative of a constant function is zero. That is, if c is a real number, then
4. Find the slope of -3
6. THE POWER RULE If n is a rational number, then the function
is differentiable and
For f to be differentiable at n must
be a number such that is defined on an interval containing 0.
Both A and B
9. THE CONSTANT MULTIPLE RULE If f is a differentiable function and c is a real number, then cf is also differentiable and
11. Evaluate the derivative of at
12. THE SUM AND DIFFERENCE RULES The sum or difference of two differentiable functions f and g is itself differentiable.
The derivative of the sum or difference of functions is the sum or difference of the derivatives of f and g.
13. DERIVATIVES OF SINE AND COSINE FUNCTIONS
14. Evaluate the slope of the graph at
15. RATES OF CHANGE Velocity