Status of Data Management in China for AMY. Guangqing Zhou, Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) Yokohama, Japan 26-27 Jan. 2008. Projects delivering Data Products in China
Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
26-27 Jan. 2008
Observation: Ocean – AIPO, NPOIMS
Land – TORP, MAIRS, SACOL, SCHeREX
Special – SCHeREX, MAIRS
Assimilation: Ocean – IAP/AIPO
Land – ITP/Tokyo Univ. /CEOP
Modelling: AIPO, NPOIMS, MAIRS, others
(4) in China side, a workshop for data management and sharing is needed:
to make coordination for data management
to decide something :
additional founding application for data sharing and web site running?
but who sponsors it? A high level person needed!
(5) we have a formation center in IAP/CAS, IAP would like to play part of the role in China side for data information exchange and to supply the place for data depository and service for those who have no facilities of data storage
Information Center in IAP in charge of network, computers and data service
A new data and information service platform being developed.
two new servers and disk arrays are being installed
DELL 2950servers and 24 TB storage
for on-line data service
Another server for data off-line storage
Developing an integrated resource management and service platform
a workflow for authorization supplied:
1. User submits a resource item to portal administrator;
2. Administrator Authorize it: permit or deny.
3. if accepted, then will be displayed in the platform
A web search engine is embedded to locate a item in resource tree.
A file-based search engine to query meta data in netCDF/GRiB format.
Analyze data IAP
We use OPeNDAP protocol to simplify data access process.
After users search and locate the data, they can do their analysis with their handy tools to access data
Also users can slice data, plot and download data.
Offer a way for the data owners to store, manage and share their data themselves.
The owner decides how to share the data, is it fully opened or just within his project or group?
The owner has the right to allocate permission to others.
Thank you ！ IAP