Product Consolidation to Achieve Scale, Product Quality and Food Safety Requirements and Marketing The experience of small Korean Pear Producers Association. Seo, Dong Woo. Speaker Introduction. Personal history
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Product Consolidation to Achieve Scale, Product Quality and Food Safety Requirements and MarketingThe experience of small Korean Pear Producers Association
Seo, Dong Woo
- Year of establishment: 2002, area of field: 40ha, No. of member: 36, Volume of production: 1,040ton, investment: 230,000$ for establishment of selection and store building ave. crop: 2,000box/15kg(30ton)
- Major exporting country: Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- traditional small market⇨ whole saler ⇨ franchised wholesale market ⇨trade via internet
- In conclusion, the income of farmer increased
- Purchase of farming machine as cooperative unit
- Improvement of the product quality
- Possibility of lobbying power to the government, Possible to explore the support from the national and local government
- Member who have good sales condition will resign
- Not flexible for the environmental and market change(difficulty to adapt and to meet the requirements of franchised wholesale market)
- Easy to become a member or resign. When member violate the regulation, penalty cannot be apply easily.
after the Free
farmers in various