Semester Projects. Transporation Study- Traffic Flow- Semi Circle Traffic ControlLegacy Project- Weather Station- Pendulum . Traffic Flow Project. Project Leader: Amanda GrayTeam: Johnny Malgeri and Landon Ohta. Transportation Study. Overview: Jefferson and Tecumseh traffic pours into t
1. Lafayette School Corporation Johnny Malgeri
2. Semester Projects Transporation Study
- Traffic Flow
- Semi Circle Traffic Control
- Weather Station
3. Traffic Flow Project Project Leader: Amanda Gray
Team: Johnny Malgeri and Landon Ohta
4. Transportation Study
Overview: Jefferson and Tecumseh traffic pours into the same street at the beginning and end of the day. Due to the chaos this causes parents fail to abide by traffic laws and barriers.
5. Objective To alleviate traffic congestion around Jefferson High School and Tecumseh Middle School. Create an environment that is not only safe for the entire student body but also for the surrounding Lafayette Area.
6. Jefferson High Map
7. Intersection (Jeff. and Tecumseh)
8. Gantt Chart
9. Semi – Circle Traffic Control Project Project Leader: Kriti Yadav, Siddharth Kacher
Team: Sunny Dadlani, Kriti Yadav, Siddharth Kacher
10. Objective To ensure the safety of special needs students as they are dropped off to Jefferson High School.
Goals: Our purpose is to help give our project partner a much safer and organized Jefferson High School, in terms of traffic. This project will also lessen congestion on the main street and the visitor parking lot.
11. Overview Eliminate traffic problems in the semi-circle driveway at Jefferson High School
The solution will be a way to only allow buses for special needs students and visitors into this area.
Normally during morning and afternoon, parents tend to drop off their children or pick them up in this area
Eliminate unwanted traffic in this area
12. Semi-Circular Drive
13. Gantt Chart
14. More about the project Community Partner: Mr. Roger Francis, LSC
Stakeholders: The project partner, students, parents, faculty, community, the Lafayette School Corporation
The Department of Transportation for the city of Lafayette will be interested in being informed of the project’s progress as well Jefferson High School.
15. Conclusion Design begins in Spring 2006
Completed by mid Spring 2007
Brainstorm various possible solutions
Test the solutions
Conceptualize a final solution that is best fit for LSC and meets the given budget and specifications
16. Legacy Projects Project Leader: Rabia Qaseem
Team: Siddharth Kacher, Kriti Yadav,
Sunny Dadlani, Johnny Malgeri
17. Weather Station Objective: Maintenance of the Weather Station
Weather Station Overview: The weather station is a console that collects weather data such as high/low temperatures, humidity, barometric pressure and precipitation. LSC has provided web access for the weather data to the students and it keeps the data updated by hosting the information on the LSC server. Our goal is to maintain the station throughout the semester.
18. Pendulum Project Objective: To complete the Pendulum Project by building the reed switch circuit and constructing and assembling the pendulum parts.
Overview: To provide a tool to educate high school students about the physical concept of pendulum motion.
19. Tasks for the Pendulum Project Build the reed switch
Get a compression fitting to attach the bob with the shaft
Design a proper bob that will allow the pendulum to change weights
Design a way to attach the suspension spring with the wooden frame and the shaft to the suspension spring
Improve the stability of the base
Make the pendulum presentable
20. Breakdown of project Project is divided into two “components”
- how the actual pendulum is going to look like
- Conceptual Design
– the circuit that drives the pendulum.
21. Pendulum Design
22. Pendulum Design
23. Pendulum Details Pendulum shaft – aluminum
- Aluminum arrow - 33” long, 23/100th” diameter
Shaft to hold weights
- aluminum shaft with threads
Bob – Steel
- manufactured in Purdue Machine shop
Weights – hex nuts
24. Reed Switch Reed switch
- consists of two magnetic contacts in a glass tube filled with protective gas.
25. Gantt Chart for the Legacy Projects
26. Conclusion Tasks to be completed:
To attach a bob to the shaft
To attach a shaft to the frame
To place a circuit on the frame
To test the design and make the pendulum presentable
Expected delivery time:
27. Questions or Comments?
28. Thanks for your time!