Medieval Life. 1/24/13. Vocabulary Index. Estate - An extensive area of land in the country, usually with a large house, owned by one person or organization.
4. Executive – The branch of government responsible for putting a country’s laws into effect.
5. Legislative – The branch of government responsible for writing laws of a country
6. Judicial – The branch of government responsible for interpreting and explaining the laws of a country.
Manor: The land on a manor provided people with everything they needed—most economic activity took place on the manor, so few people ever left.
Knight: The warriors of Medieval Europe. Lords relied on knights to do their fighting for them.
Chivalry: A knight’s code of honor. Knights were expected to protect the weak, and show courage in every battle.
Guild: Groups formed by people who have the same occupation. Guilds made rules about quantity and quality of production that protected their members.
Trading and manufacturing
Include all of the following, colored and labeled NEATLY!!!!
Exit Slip Quiz
4. The list above is describing:
6. The political order under feudalism was dependent upon the relationship between lords and their vassals. The responsibility of the vassal included: