SW381: Web Applications Development Prerequisite: SW211 (Introduction to Software Engineering). Instructor: Dr. Mohammad Anwar Hossain Office: Room 2058 Email: [email protected] Web: http://faculty.ksu.edu.sa/anwar Sep. 10, 2011. Tentative Course Schedule.
1. Be able to design a web application by considering several realistic constraints.
2. Be able to use the technical concept into practice for developing web applications.
3. Understand and use state-of-the-art web application development tools and languages to develop web applications.
4. Understand the basic approach and key concepts of developing static and dynamic web sites.
8. Be able to program server side logic using server side scripting language such as PHP.
9. Be able to build basic web interfaces for communicating with underlying web databases.
10. Be able to set up and maintain database systems like MySQL.
11. Be able to gather requirements, identify use cases, design, implement, and deploy web applications.
12. Be able to set up and maintain web servers like Tomcat and Apache.
M. Anwar Hossain