bbcms Wordpress Theme. Wordpress as CMS with blog. Author: Sarah Neuber Theme URI: http://bbcms.sarah-neuber.de Author URI: http://www.sarah-neuber.de Email: [email protected] Skype: neuber-web-solutions License: http://themeforest.net/legal/licences. bbcms Wordpress Themes.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Wordpress as CMS with blog
Author: Sarah Neuber
Email: [email protected]
Thank you for purchasing my theme.
Please visit my website to read more about Theme Support, Upcoming features
You have the opportunity as well to request new features
Don’t forget to subscribe if you wish to be notified about updates and/or new themes!
Thanks so much!
Translating the theme:
The template files are fully localized ready to have the text extracted and translated.
For this you need to download the Code Styling and Localization plugin:
Install it and follow it’s instructions for translating.
To give you a brief overview (does not replace reading through the instructions for yourself)
After installation got to Tools < Localization
1. Choose the theme (bbcms- folder must be writable!)
2. Add New Language
3. Choose your Language from the modal window that opens
4. Click Create po. File
5. Click rescan (links to the right)-The plugin will scan the files to extract all text
6. Click Edit (again from links to the right)
8. When finished save and generate mo file.
Don’t forget to set WPLANG inside of wp-config.php to your chosen language.
Make sure you have an .htaccess file and a wp-config.php filein the root directory.
Both need to be writable by the server as the theme is being set up. After you finish you
can change the permisions to something more secure
(For SEO friendly URL's the .htaccess file uses the directive mod-rewrite. If your web server hasn't loaded this module then it will ignore this directive. You will then need to contact you hosting provider for more information.)
You also need to create an "uploads" folder inside the wp-content folder and make that also writable by the server.
Next, install the theme
Install the theme:
1. Download and save the theme's zipped folder to your desktop.
2. Unzip. You should see the bbcms parent theme and the child theme: bbcmsLight
3. Connect to your hosting account with the FTP client of your choice, and get inside of your WordPress install
4. Take all 2 theme folders and move them inside the themes folder. Make sure they are located in the same level as the default wordpress theme and not in any subfolder!
5. Now go back to your browser, login to your WordPress administrator interface - and go to the Appearance > Themes. Once there you should now see a new listing for your new WordPress parent and child theme you just installed.
6. From there, click on the child theme of your choice to activate it.
7. Next go to the bbcms Theme Options page (appears under Appearance after activation) and then please save the default settings!
I have provided a bbcms.xml file with all the content you see on the demo site.
I suggest you import it so it can give you a more visual idea about how the posts are set up. This link gives more info as to how: http://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content#WordPress
But before this:
8. Delete the About page
9. Set the Media Settings (Settings < Media) as you see
In the image to the right
You may use different sizes as long as you set them before
You inport any content!
Save Changes each time!!
10. Now you Import the xml file!
Set a Static page:
Go to Settings > Reading:
Front page displays A static page (select below)
* Front page: Home
* Posts page: News
Start with setting up your Theme Options.
Go through each step carefully, reading the instructions given.
Excerpts come in 2 options:
“Custom” and “WP Default”
WP Default makes use of the known the_excerpt(); read how it works here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/the_excerpt
whereas the custom allows you to define the number of words before the “cutting off” point.
The Homepage Tabs:
The Home page tabs pull their content from other pages
For example the „From our Gallery“ tab gets an image from the uploaded gallery on the „Gallery page“
The “What Our Guests Say“ get the last 3 comments from the Guestbook page
And finally the „From our Blog“ tab gets the 5 newest post titles.
The content area is widget ready in case you you like to use this feature with widgets.
For nicer URL’s:
Set a custom permalink structure:
1. Simply go to the Settings menu and select the Permalinks tab.
2. Add /%category%/%postname% in the "Custom structure" field. Be sure to check the "custom" option first!
Using the Gallery:
1. Before we begin set the thumbnail size for the images that will appear in our gallery set: Go to "Settings">"Media" and find Thumbnail size.
Set width 120 and height 90.
2. Have your images ready for upload. Crop and resize them to what will be the full size that you will see when clicking on the images.
3. Upload your gallery set. Have your Gallery page open and the Write area in HTML view
Upload images for the image gallery: Click on "add an image" and a modal window will open. Then click on "Choose files to upload"
Choose ALL the images you want directly. After they have been uploaded click on "Save" then "Insert gallery into post". The modal window will close and you'll see: [gallery] appear. Replace that with:
[gallery columns="5" itemtag="div" icontag="span" captiontag="p"]
This will give us 5 columns for the gallery
If you'd like less or more columns simply change the number 5 in columns="5" leave the rest as it is.
The lightbox effect comes from the http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/flexible-lightbox/ plugin
All you have to do is download and activate it. Nothing else
You can either have the Guestbook or blog comments.
1. If you want the Guestbook simply create a page called Guestbook
2. If you want blog comments instead of the Guestbook then open single.php and find this line: (line 38)
<?php //comments_template('', true); ?>
remove the two //
Do not create the Guestbookpage.
Using the Contact form:
First go to: http://green-beast.com/blog/?page_id=136 and download the plugin.
1. Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /wp-gbcf/ folder and wp-gbcf_readme.txt file.
Open the /wp-gbcf/ folder and replace the wp-gbcf_form.php with the one I have provided in the theme.
It contains some adjustments I made to make the form fit the bbcms theme.
2. Using an FTP program, upload the /wp-gbcf/ folder to your WordPress plugins directory (Example: /wp-content/plugins/).
3. Open your WordPress Admin panel and go to the “Plugins” page. Locate the “Secure and Accessible PHP Contact Form” plugin and click on the “Activate” link.
4. Once activated, go to the “Contact Form” page and select the “Configuration” link on the sub-menu.
Use the Section Help to go through configuring the form. Except in the sections below:
In Section 1 of 7 » General Configuration
Your form page URL: make sure you have: Your main url in the demo it's http://wp1.sarah-neuber since our form is on the Home page
In Section 4 of 7 » Heading Options enter the following:
Error heading size: 3
Show form heading?: no
In Section 5 of 7 » Other Configuration Options enter the following:
Show form credits line? no
Show link to your privacy page? no
Offer carbon copy option?: no
There's simply no room for them!
In Section 6 of 7 » Custom Tabindex Assignments leave everything on 0
In Section 7 of 7 » IP Blacklist leave as is.
5. Then click on Styling from the main navigation at the top:
Choose a theme CSS: none I have included the apropriate styles in my main.css under /*#CONTACT FORM #*/
Click "Select Theme"
6. Test your new form. If you encounter problems contact me.
There's no need to create a new page or to add <!--gb_contact_form--> anywhere unless you don't want the form on the Home page but on a page of it's own
I have added the needed code for the form to be included in the contactsidebar.php
I've included 4 layered psds:
1) The main layout -design.psd
2) The header Title -header_title.psd
3) The logo image -logo_img.psd
4) The form's background -form_bgd.psd
The logo font is called Myriad Pro
If you'd like to change the form's background colour, open "form_bgd.psd", make the necessary adjustments, and then save the file as "form_bgd-trans.png". (ctrl+alt+shift+S on Windows)
Using the alpha transparency setting-in Photoshop png24.The -trans at the end will ensure that IE6 "plays nice" :)
Keeping the dimensions to that of the original images that you get in the image folder is important if you do not want to make changes in the css code!
Changing the logo image:
Choose the image you want to use and make sure your crop and resize it to 221px x 103px!
Save it as logo_img.jpg and upload it into the activated child theme’s images folder. It will replace the one that came with the theme.
Keep to the dimmensions of the one provided if you do not want to change the css code.
I'm using 4 CSS files in the parent theme which are also included in each child theme.
The first one, reset.css, is a generic reset file. Many browsers interpret the default behavior of html elements differently. By using a general reset CSS file, we can work round this.
The second file, basic.css, contains some general styling
The third file, print.css well as the name says it contains styles for printing
The fourth file, shop_admin.css contains some backend styles
Ths child theme comes with it’s own styles written in style.css
Do not edit the file templates of the parent theme!
Make changes to the child theme of your choice using it’s style.css file.
This way any future updates of the parent theme will not affect your style changes.
In other words you will not loose any of your customization.
What if you need to make some changes to how the elements are structured inside the template files?
Very easy. Just copy the template file you need to edit from the parent theme folder into your child theme. This will override the parent theme’s templates.
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this theme.
As I said at the beginning, I'd be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this theme.
Please do report bugs and do request new features. This way the next update will be even better to this one!
I'll do my best to assist.
When you ask support please try to be specific (when and where the problem arises) and don‘t forget to provide me with a link to your website.
Depending on the problem I might ask you for access to your admin panel and or ftp access to your server.
If you feel uncomfortable with this then I‘ll probably ask you for screenshots and skype communication.
Oh and please, if you haven't done so already do leave a comment and rate the theme.
Although we try our best to detect and correct any errors that come to our attention, we can't guarantee that the functions contained in any web page templates or in a completed web site or theme will always be error-free and so we can't be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this theme and any other web pages, even if you have advised us of the possibilities of such damages.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You are strongly advised to change all user names and passwords that you may have shared with us during support requests. That being said, we cannot be held responsible in the case of lost or stolen user names and/or passwords. It is your responsibility and your responsibility alone to ensure the security of your database and Wordpress installation.
To reiterate we, SN WebDesign & Development or NWSolutions will not be liable in any way for any content or for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of any content transmitted via the Services and you agree to bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such content.
SN WebDesign & Development