1. Displaying & Analyzing Data Stem-and-leaf Plot
3. Statistics: The branch of mathematics that deals with collecting, organizing, analyzing or interpreting data.
Data: Numerical facts or information.
Stem-and-Leaf Plots: A convenient method to display every piece of data by showing the digits of each number.
4. In a stem-and-leaf plot, the greatest common place value of the data is used to form stems.
The numbers in the next greatest place value position are then used to form the leaves.
17. Stem and Leaf Plot Stem and leaf plots are used as a quick way of seeing how many pieces of data fall in various ranges. The reader can quickly tell:
- the range
- the mode
Stem and leaf plots have a title, a stem, and leaves
A key is used to explain how to read the stem and leaves.
18. Box - and - Whisker Plot Displays large set of data.
Gives general idea of how data clusters.
- Title - Labeled intervals
- Box between lower and upper quartiles
- Whiskers from quartiles to extremes
- Median, quartiles and whiskers labeled
19. Displaying & Analyzing Data Stem-and-leaf Plot