What is Conflict?. Three ingredientsGroup identificationGroup differencesFrustrationConflict v. Competition. Intergroup Conflict. Goal IncompatibilityDifferentiationTask InterdependenceLimited Resources. Models. RationalPolitical. Power. What is it?Five TypesLegitimateRewardCoercive
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Politics & Power
2. What is Conflict? Three ingredients
Conflict v. Competition
3. Intergroup Conflict Goal Incompatibility
4. Models Rational
5. Power What is it?
6. Vertical Power Vertical Power Sources
Control of decision-making premises and information
7. Horizontal Power Strategic Contingencies
Horizontal Power Sources
Coping with uncertainty
8. Politics What are politics?
How does politics affect an organization?
9. Power How Can I Increase Power?
Enter areas of uncertainty
Provide scarce resources
Satisfy strategic contingencies
10. Power How can I Use Power?
Control decision premises
Enhance legitimacy and expertise
Make a direct appeal
11. Enhancing Collaboration Create Integration Devices
Use Confrontation and Negotiation
Create Shared Vision & Superordinate Goals