IHEEM Conference 2009. Welcome. Health-Specific Building Services Specifications Utilising New Technology – The Way Forward. Introductions. Speaker : Ian Elmer Technical Services Manager AMTECH Group. Historical Approach.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Health-Specific Building Services Specifications Utilising New Technology – The Way Forward
Technical Services Manager
Health Building Notes (HBN) - advice to project teams designing and planning new buildings and adapting/extending existing buildings
Health Technical Memoranda (HTM) - guidance for the design, installation and running of specialised building service systems.
Historically, these were supported by....
The Model Engineering Specification (MES) – produced to define standards for building services for NHS projects
There is already an established infrastructure in place in which to easily slot in the new data.
2) A significant amount of the core engineering data required to create the healthcare specification is already available in the application.
3) There is the facility to set up master specifications once work is complete in order to save time on future projects.
4) There is an existing customer base of users who understand the way the product operates, reducing the learning curve for many.
MES Part A – Standard General Conditions and Preliminary Clauses
MES Part B – General Clauses Common to Building Services Plant and Equipment
MES Part C – Particular Technical Sections for Building Services Plant and Equipment
....Pipe sizes and manufacture to be to BS 2871 Part 1 Table X and to include the marking “DEG” or “degreased”, in addition to the marking requirements of BS 2871, to represent compliance with Element, 01 Clause 04.
MES Part D – Detailed Description of the Works
MES Part D – Detailed Description of the Works contd\...
MES Designers Notes
Health Building Notes (HBN)
nes core engineering clauses
Health Technical Memoranda (HTM)
nes healthcare engineering clauses
Company standard general conditions and preliminary clauses
HEALTHCARE COMPLIANT SPECIFICATION!
The old MES documents are now considered out of date and have been archived by the DoH
2) The MES will now be replaced by new healthcare data, available in electronically in the following formats:
3) The core engineering and healthcare data, combined with the relevant HTM and HBN documents and company standard general conditions and preliminary clauses will allow users to produce healthcare compliant building services specifications.
4) These specifications can be set up as master documents for use in future projects.
5) It is planned to commence roll-out of the new healthcare clauses in the first quarter of 2010.
Thank you and questions