Areas of interventions in National Nutrition Services (NNS). By Dr Mustafiz Rahman PPC, MoHFW Training on Assessment of Nutritional Status 18-22 December 2011 Date : 18 December 2011, Venue: FPMU Meeting Room.
Dr Mustafiz Rahman PPC, MoHFW
Training on Assessment of Nutritional Status 18-22 December 2011
Date : 18 December 2011,
Venue: FPMU Meeting Room
The Training is organized by the National National Food Policy Capacity Strengthening Programme (NFPCSP) . The NFPCSP is jointly implemented by the Food Planning and Monitoring Unit (FPMU), Ministry of Food and Disaster Management and Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) with the financial support of the EU and USAID.
Non- communicable Diseases-NCD)
NNS would follow life-cycle approach in community service
followed by update
Services perform by a CNP at CNC
Due to multisectoralissues many ministries would contribute to overcome these issues are important:
The overall objective of NNS OP is to reduce the prevalence of malnutrition particularly among children and women and also achieve sustainable improvements in the nutritional status ofthe population of Bangladesh.
3. To strengthen the human resource capacity to manage, supervise and deliver nutrition services at the different levels of the health system
4. To strengthen nutrition information systems and operations research to ensure an evidence-based response.
Given the nature of this , this OP is highly dependent with other Ministry activities which are articulated in the Action Plan of the Strategic Document.
7. Prevalence of anemia among pregnant women
8. Prevalence of anemia among children 6-59m
9. # of MOs trained in nutrition services delivery
10. # of CC workers trained in nutrition services delivery
11. % of UHCs having a functional Nutrition Corner established
9. Protection, Promotion & Support of Breastfeeding/ Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) including BFHI & BMS Code
10. Food fortification (Salt Iodization, fortification of oil/other food with Vitamin ‘A’, iron etc.)
11. School Nutritional education Program
12. Food security, Quality and Food Safety
13. Monitoring, Evaluation, Operations Research, Survey
14. Nutrition Surveillance Program
15. Establishment of nutrition unit (NU) and strengthening of existing NU
16. Community based Nutrition (CBN) ) as selected area
17. Multisectral Collaboration
Thanks nutrition services to reduce maternal and child nutrition and ensure universal access