The Russian Revolution. 1917. Pre- Revolutionary Russia. Before 1905, Russia was the last autocracy (absolutist form of monarchy) Meaning, there was no parliament, the Czar (or Tsar) Ruled Czar Nicholas was in power (Romanov empire) This begins to change in 1905. Revolution of 1905.
The Russian Revolution
1. Universal Suffrage
2. Civil Equality, Civil Rights
3. 8 hour workday
4. Redistribution of Land
5. Call for creation of a Constitution
1. Decree on Land – all land nationalized and turned over to Bolsheviks for re-distribution
2. Decree on Peace – made a pact with Germany to pull Russia out of the war
3. Council of People’s Commissars – basically a group that becomes like a dictator, no elections for constitutional assembly.