Unit 15 Beyond gravity. Surviving in space. A voyage to Mars may be every astronaut’s dream, but the health risks are formidable. by Michael E. Long. Surviving in space. True/False/DNS Everyone who travels in space suffers from feelings of initially.
A voyage to Mars may be every astronaut’s dream, but the health risks are formidable.
by Michael E. Long
Motion sickness afflicts more than two-thirds of all astronauts upon reaching orbit, … (L1)
Spinal discs expand, and so does the astronaut – who may gain five centimeters and suffer…
… allowing the crew to take refuge in an area where polyethylene shielding will absorb the radiation. (L64-5)
… giving people few tasks. (L78)…give them little to do, (L81)…
Diagrams A and B are about radiation, which is talked about in the last 2 paragraphs on p.125.
Coronal mass ejections fling billions of tons of electrically charged gas into space.
A second kind of radiation, cosmic rays from the Milky Way or other galaxies, …
First locate the names of experts:
A Oleg Gazenko
B Jeffrey Sutton
C Francis Cucinotta
D Laurence Young
E Richard Cohen
F Michael Debakey
1. expansion 2. adaptation, adaptor
3. adjustment 4. density 5. renewal
6. confinement 7. survival, survivor
8. investment, investor 9. disturbance
1. sight 2. the sun 3. space/the universe
4. stars (planets, moons, comets, asteroids)
5. the body (of living things) 6. the heart
7. the mind 8. diseases of the mind
9. the stomach 10. bones, joints and muscles
1. optical illusion 2. solar eclipses/rays
3. cosmic rays 4. astronomical telescope
5. physiological features
6. cardiac arrest/surgeon
7. psychological warfare/profiling
8. psychiatric illness/hospital
9. gastric ulcer 10. orthopedic surgeon/hospital