Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
This project will bring together faculty members and students from the UWO Schulich School of Medicine, including psychiatry; Faculty of Health Sciences including Nursing, OT, PT; School of Social Work; Department of Psychology; community agencies, and clients to introduce, develop, monitor and evaluate changes in Inter Professional education and practice.
·Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry (includes psychiatry)
· Faculty of Health Sciences (OT, PT, Nursing)
· School of Social Work
· Department of Psychology
· Consortium of Applied Research and Evaluation in Mental Health (CAREMH)
· Community University Research Alliance (CURA) onHousing and Mental Health
·Victorian Order of Nurses (VON)
· Canvoice, Mission Services
· Women’s Community Housing
· Salvation Army, London Housing
· Intercommunity Health
· City of London, Housing Division
The overall project goal is to facilitate Inter Professional collaborative mental health care in both education and practice settings, while augmenting the work toward provincial priorities such as mental health care reform, care of the homeless, and development of Local Health Integration Networks.
This will be achieved by:
· Socializing faculty, students and practitioners in client centered Inter Professional collaborative practice focusing on mental health services to vulnerable populations
· Stimulating networking and sharing of best education approaches
· Increasing the number of educators and health professionals trained in Inter Professional collaborative practice
CIPHER-MH(Consortium for Inter Professional Health Educationand Research in Mental Health)Dr. Cheryl Forchuk, Dr.Evelyn Vingilis, University of Western Ontario
CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK OR LOGIC MODEL FOR CIPHER-MH
Faculty conference to discuss strategies and develop road map. “Lab” days to enhance discussion of issues. Self-directed participatory student team projects. Prepare educators, students and practitioners for ICP*
2. Simulated practice
3. Community practice
4. Self-directed problem-based learning will encourage success of team collaboration.
PROBLEM OR ISSUE
Complexity of mental health needs requires Inter Professional skills and integrated teams to provide range of services. Focus on client centered care requires collaboration among Inter Professional teams. Pre-and post licensure education does not currently provide training for ICP.
(Outputs,Outcomes & Impact)
1. Socialize health care providers in working together
2. Instill requisite competencies for collaborative practice
3. Promote client centered collaborative teamwork