Opening Question. Write your answer on your note sheet from yesterday. Given the history we have seen and the factors that have led to conflict, what would it take for Iraq to be stable?. Silent Discussion Procedures. 6 teams, 4 stations on each side of the room.
Write as many different causes as you can. The group with the most gets first choice in round 3.
1. Economic Causes (how differences over distribution of wealth—who gets what—contribute to the conflict):
2. Ethnic Causes (how differences in culture, language, and shared history contribute to the conflict):
3. Religious Causes (how differences in religious belief or practice contribute to the conflict):
4. Historical Causes (how events that have unfolded in the past contribute to the present conflict):
1. What are the options for solving this conflict?
2. Are there things that need happen before this conflict can be solved? If so what?
3. What can other countries do?
4. Does this require military intervention?