Report Writing & Documentation. The format required for all your assignments. Important. Please follow these guidelines strictly. In addition please refer to specific guidelines provided for each of the module’s assignments.
The format required for all your assignments
An effective report is:
as clearly and, as succinctly, as possible
A report differs from an essay in that a report:
Exactly what you include in your report and how you present it will vary according to your discipline and the specific purpose of the report.
* these are essential; others depending on type, length and purpose of report
Write the abstract after you have written the report!
Table of Contents
List of Tables 7
List of Figures 8
1.1 Problem Definition 9
1.2 Purpose 10
1.3 Research Methodology 11
1.4 Possible Limitations 13
2Theoretical Framework 15
2.1 Introduction 15
2.2 Assessment of the Financial Health 15
2.2.1 Financial Statements – Ratio Analysis 15
2.2.2 Limitations of Financial Evaluations using Ratios 21
2.2.3 Stock Prices 21
2.3 Additional Factors that can affect the Financial Health 22
2.3.1 Leadership 22
2.3.2 Corporate and Governance Structure 22
A report of primary research (based on your own observations and experiments) would include:
A report of secondary research (based on reading only) would include:
Figure 1 shows that the population of Bandung has increased dramatically since 1890, or The population of Bandung has increased dramatically since 1890 (see Figure 1).
Some common problems with research report writing that you should take care to avoid are:
2. Keep the report as short as possible
3. Organise for the convenience of the
4. All references should be correct in all
5. The writing should be accurate, concise
6. The right diagram with the right labels should
be in the right place for the reader
7. Summaries give the whole picture, in miniature
8. Reports should be checked for technical errors,
typing errors and inconsistency.
9. The report should look as good as it is.
10. The reader is the most important person.