Report Writing & Documentation. The format required for all your assignments. Important. Please follow these guidelines strictly. In addition please refer to specific guidelines provided for each of the module’s assignments.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The format required for all your assignments
An effective report is:
as clearly and, as succinctly, as possible
A report differs from an essay in that a report:
Exactly what you include in your report and how you present it will vary according to your discipline and the specific purpose of the report.
* these are essential; others depending on type, length and purpose of report
Write the abstract after you have written the report!
Table of Contents
List of Tables7
List of Figures8
2.2Assessment of the Financial Health15
2.2.1Financial Statements – Ratio Analysis15
2.2.2Limitations of Financial Evaluations using Ratios21
2.3Additional Factors that can affect the Financial Health22
2.3.2Corporate and Governance Structure22
A report of primary research (based on your own observations and experiments) would include:
A report of secondary research (based on reading only) would include:
Figure 1 shows that the population of Bandung has increased dramatically since 1890, or The population of Bandung has increased dramatically since 1890 (see Figure 1).
Some common problems with research report writing that you should take care to avoid are:
2. Keep the report as short as possible
3. Organise for the convenience of the
4. All references should be correct in all
5. The writing should be accurate, concise
6. The right diagram with the right labels should
be in the right place for the reader
7. Summaries give the whole picture, in miniature
8. Reports should be checked for technical errors,
typing errors and inconsistency.
9. The report should look as good as it is.
10. The reader is the most important person.