Social Networking. By Nikki Thurmond, Annia Parra, Emily Wells, Sarah McGhee. Defining a Social Network. Boyd’s definition Online communities of people who share interests and/or activities, or who are interested in exploring the interests and activities of others
By Nikki Thurmond, Annia Parra, Emily Wells, Sarah McGhee
1. If you do not want people to find out about something, don’t post it online.
2. Use a “throw-away” e-mail address
3. Be smart about what you post. Don’t give clues to others about your location or any other sensitive information
4. Be picky about who you add as a friend
5. Use the options provided by the social networking site about what details you want to make public to everyone and what you only want friends to see