Physical Science Wed 10-31. Homework Halloween Energy. Any more Simple Machines Pictures?. Still have all yellow-books and papers to grade All old homework is due now!!!. Homework assignment. P384 1-5 P384 Review 1-8. Homework. P384 MA = 4.0 MA = 66 MA = 1 Output force = 78 N
Power = how fast (rate) work is completed
2) a. yes b. no c. yes (gravity)
3) Smaller input force, greater input distance
4) Long ramp has greater mechanical advantage over a shorter ramp
5) W = 75 J
6) MA = 2.4
7) a. W=1200 J b. P=300 W
8) P = 20,000 W or 20 kW
1) Connect the following concepts to some aspect of the Halloween celebration events
2) If you go out trick or treating, what will be your overall displacement?
3) Estimate how many residences do you visit on your best trick or treat run?
4) Estimate the length between one door to the next on your journey to gather candy?
5) Use your answers in 3 and 4 to estimate your overall distance
6) Estimate the total number of pieces of candy you got on your best run.
7) If the average piece of candy weighs 5.5 grams, estimate the total mass of your candy haul in kilograms
8.a) What is the total weight of your candy?
8.b) Draw a free-body diagram of a
Jack-O-Lantern being pushed across a table.
9) You are accelerating at 3.4 m/s2 away from a pack of demented Teletubie dressed 7 year olds with your bag of candy from question 7. What is the net force applied to your bag?