Native View of Chinese Optic-communication Market And Its Potential Opportunities for us . Name: Zheng Zhiqiang Course: EE566 Professor: Dr. Liu. My Presentation Process.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
And Its Potential Opportunities for us
Name: Zheng Zhiqiang
Professor: Dr. Liu
( strongpoint : the field no much different from leading country
weak point : the field at least 5 years lagged by leading
the best companies of china in some field)
(1) Daily Telecommunication service demand increased by more than 20% annually ( Home phone, Cell phone…).
( According the China Telecom Inc. report 2003, the cell phone users exceeded 120 million and the home phone users exceeded 490 millions )
(2) Digital data service demand increase by more than 40% annually ( Internet, Ethernet, Data Storage, CATV….. )
(3) Government encourage the biggest telecommunication corporation to develop FTTH and make some regulations to increase the optic-devices demand.
(1) Low payment for experienced labor
----As far as I know, a general electrical engineer who had 6-8 years design experience only got 10,000-15,000 USD annually. And I found that the counterpart in US can got 80,000-120,000 USD.
(2) Chinese Government give some profitable policy to those high-tech corporation which set up branch in china
---- Low tax or free tax first year, low rent for office and factory…….
80~90 Single Mode Fiber (140Mb/s)
Multimode Fiber (47Mb/s)
90~01 PDH 140Mbit/s
Conclusion:Start Late, Fiber and Cable develop well occupy half of the whole market. But Component develop slowlyOptic-Communication development
2004 optic-fiber demand –10 million miles, but the totally manufacture ability of Chinese fiber corporation is about 30 millions miles ( Or maybe minus 10 millions miles, because about 30% company will be shut down )
G.652C/D -- technique is mature, and widely used
G.655B/C – widely used by china telecom for long distance communication
(1) The coverage of optic-fiber network in china is still small. ( Mainly focus on several provinces). New “ North-Western Exploitation” need more optic-fiber network.
(2) Government enforce some provinces to speed the FTTH(Fiber to the home) project.
(Mainly because of the 2008 Olympic Games)
(3) Rapidly increased demand for long-distance data transmission.
( The long-distance data transmission demand will be 13.7 times over now, but it is only for G.655 fiber)
(1 USD = 8.2 RMB )
The most strongest Optic-communication Company in china ---Optic-Fiber and Cable Market
http://www.chinatelecom.com.cn/english/ ----China Telecom Inc.
http://www.cnuninet.com/uninet/homepage/index.jsp ---China Union Inc.
http://www.chinamobile.com/ ----China Moblie Inc.
http://www.cnc.net.cn/english/index.html ---China NetCom Inc.
http://www.alcatel.com.cn/alcatel/alcatel.nsf-- Alcatel In China
http://www.corning.com.cn/sc/inside_corning/corning_in_china/ --Corning In china
http://www.c114.net/ ---- China Telecom. Info Center
http://www.google.com ----The Most useful website
http://www.ebnchina.com -----Telecom. Magazine
http://www.opticfibernews.com/ofn1/index.asp --Optic Fiber New Magazine