Earthworm Research Project. Science in Action!!. 1. Niche. What is an organisms niche? What is the niche of an earthworm? - they need to move through the soil to eat dead plant matter so they aerate the soil
Earthworm Research Project
Science in Action!!
- they need to move through the soil to eat
dead plant matter so they aerate the soil
and their waste fertilizes it
- they are the basis of many
- they are found all over the world, they prefer
dark moist conditions (no lungs so they breath
through their skin)
- can be 1-20 worms per sq. foot!!
What do we already know?
What do we need to know?
What do we do to learn what we need to know?
What do we now know?
What do we now need to know?
Seems to be lots of worms out of the soil when it
So our hypothesis is = Do earthworms always come out
of the soil when it rains?
How much water needs to be present to get worms
out of the soil?
- set up an experiment
- data and form a conclusion
- an experiment in not ever truly over always more
- Does the type of soil matter? Temperature of the