“Making Effective Presentations”. E140A - Workshop D April 22, 1999. Today’s Goals : Review the basics for making effective presentations. Think about your strengths and weaknesses. What can you do to become more proficient?
“Making Effective Presentations”
E140A - Workshop D
April 22, 1999
Source: “How to be an Effective Speaker” by Christina Stuart. NTC Publishing, 1996.
Rule #1: In order to be an effective speaker, you need to understand how people listen.
Rule #2: Preparation and planning, above all else, are the key to success.
Rule #2: Preparation and planning (cont.)
Summary of Preparation
Rule #3: Make your presentation easy to follow.
Rule #4: Practice your delivery.
Rule #5: Pay attention to your body language.
Rule #6: Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse.
Rule #7: Be selective in your use of visual aids.
Rule #8: Remember, it's all about selling your ideas and yourself.
Summary: Preparing and Planning Your Presentation
1. Understand how people listen.
2. Preparation and planning are most important.
3. Make your presentation easy to follow.
4. Practice your delivery.
5. Pay attention to your body language.
6. Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse.
7. Be selective in your use of visual aids.
8. It's all about selling your ideas and yourself.
What Presentations in E140?
1. E140A Case Openings: 5/4, 5/11, 5/13, & 5/18.
2. E140A Term Project: 6/1
3. Your Summer Internship
4. E140B Employer Open House
5. E140C Company Presentation
Case Openings - Guidelines
Case Openings - Guidelines (cont.)
Term Project Presentation