Day 19 Assignment : 1. Chapter 7 (Supporting your Ideas) Yes, quiz. 2. Read over Assignment IV in Syllabus & Persuasive Speech Assignment Handout 3. Begin research on your approved topic. Today : Quiz on Chapter 15
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Day 19 Assignment:
1. Chapter 7 (Supporting your Ideas)
2. Read over Assignment IV in Syllabus
& Persuasive Speech Assignment Handout
3. Begin research on your approved topic.
* Advocate takes a partisan stand
* "Target" audience
QUESTION OF FACT: (speaker's view of facts)
~~ Prediction / future [S.F.]
~~ Inconclusive facts [JFK]
QUESTION OF VALUE: (personal belief system)
~~ argues right or wrong [veg] [CP]
QUESTION OF POLICY:
~~ wants to change "status quo“ [pass law]
~~ often uses "should"/ legal change
~~ burden of proof rests with advocate
DIRECTIONS: Explain whether each of the following statements deals primarily with a question of fact, a question of value, or a question of policy:
4. The use of lie detector tests for screening employees in privatebusiness should be banned by law.
5. A federal law should be passed requiring that trunk safety releases be standard on all new cars sold in the United States.
6. If trunk safety releases were standard on all cars sold in the United States, we could save several hundred lives every year.
7. Colorizing classic movies such as “Casablance” violates the artistic integrity of such movies.
8. Congress should protect the artistic integrity of movies such as “Casablanca” by passing a law prohibiting the colorization of classic American films.