Government, Religion, & Culture. Chapter 4 Section 2. Colonial Rhyme Time!. Task : Create a rhyme that summarizes our study of Colonial America Directions : The first person in the row will write a single line that addresses Colonial America.
Chapter 4 Section 2
Task: Create a rhyme that summarizes our study of Colonial America
2. The English had to export (sell) more goods abroad than it imported (bought) from foreign markets in order to make money.
3. Navigation Acts: merchants must use English ships
4. White, male property owners
5. Excluded: women, indentured servants, landless poor, African Americans
6. Great Awakening: revival of religious beliefs
7. Women: care for children, cook, make clothing, tend to livestock, sometimes work the fields
8. Young Men: learn a trade as an apprentice (learning assistant) or work on a farm as an indentured servant
9. Schooling: reading, writing, proper conduct
10. Enlightenment: movement that focused on the ability of knowledge, reason , and science to improve a society