24 th IFTTA CONFERENCE 23-26 OCTOBER 2013 CHARLES UNIVERSITY PRAGUE. MEASURES TO FACILITATE TOURISM DEVELOPMENT: MISSION, VISION, POLICY……LAW BY JOHN J DOWNES. VISION. Tourism Development Vision for Armenia in 2030 sets out the goal of State policy in tourism to:
MEASURES TO FACILITATE TOURISM DEVELOPMENT: MISSION, VISION, POLICY……LAW
JOHN J DOWNES
“ ... increase the contribution of tourism to gross national income, balanced development, improvement of living standards and poverty alleviation in rural areas preconditioned by:
Serbia will have become a mature tourist destination with diversified and quality tourism products appealing to discerning and specialist tourists. Aided by membership of the European Union, a responsible tourism industry will be contributing significantly to economic development and the quality of life of her people. This will be accompanied by increased pride and enjoyment of Serbians at home and abroad in holidaying in the homeland
- Is the legal provision necessary?
- Is there a role for Government to be involved?
- Does it promote a competitive environment?
- Does it promote economic efficiency?
- Are the rules unambiguous?
- Does it set performance standards?
- Does it enforce public accountability?