III REUNIÃO DE COORDENAÇÃO REGIONAL DA BVS. ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORES CIENTÍFICOS – ABEC, BRASIL. Lewis Joel Greene Editor “Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research”. Medical School of Ribeirão Preto University of São Paulo - Brazil. 6 de Maio de 2003, Puebla, México.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
III REUNIÃO DE COORDENAÇÃO REGIONAL DA BVS
ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DE EDITORES CIENTÍFICOS – ABEC, BRASIL
Lewis Joel GreeneEditor “Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research”
Medical School of Ribeirão Preto University of São Paulo - Brazil
6 de Maio de 2003, Puebla, México
1984 to present
US$ 1,000,000/year for 100-150 journals
1. General topics and ideas - evaluation of journals, electronic journals, ethics of publishing, impact factors.
2. Governmental policies concerning science and scientific journals.
3. Journal format.
4. Meetings of small groups by area.
How to:Write a paper
Manage a journal
Conduct peer review
Control paper flow in a journal
Select the size of a journal
Select key words
Write an abstract
Written notes are distributed at all meetings and courses.
THE INVENTION OF SciElo IS THE MOST IMPORTANT EVENT IN THE HISTORY OF BRAZILIAN SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL PUBLISHING
THE MOST IMPORTANT EVENT IN THE HISTORY OF ABEC WAS TO ACT AS “MIDWIFE” FOR THE BIRTH OF SciElo
1. Development of methods to evaluate scientific journals
2. Registry of all Brazilian journals - some specialized lists exist
3. Support the development of software to manage journals that can be used in a network
4. Brazilian Current Contents?