The Concept of 1Malaysia From Islamic Perspectives INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOCIAL SCIENCES 8 th October 2010 – 9 th October 2010 Pine Bay Resort, Izmir, Turkey (9 /10/2010, Session D2, Room: 102, 9.00-10.40am).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The Concept of 1Malaysia From Islamic PerspectivesINTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOCIAL SCIENCES8th October 2010 – 9th October 2010Pine Bay Resort, Izmir, Turkey(9/10/2010,Session D2, Room: 102, 9.00-10.40am)
DR. AMINI AMIR ABDULLAHDepartment of Nationhood and Civilisational Studies, Faculty of Human Ecology,
UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA, 43400 UPM SERDANG,SELANGOR, [email protected]
5. 20 ethnic groups of Sabah
6. 16 ethnic groups of Sarawak
- to transform Malaysia to the level of success and higher achievements is by cultivating the culture of excellence.
1. The Eighth value of the concept of 1Malaysia is integrity. Integrity can be regarded as playing a complementary role to the seven set of values which we explained before.
2. This value is believed to be very important in shaping Malaysians to be constructive citizens in line with the concept of 1Malaysia.
3. Integrity is the main tool to ensure that the seven values are upheld and all promises are kept.
4. Once the Malaysians are able to fulfil the promise and become more transparent, they will have a strong foundation of trust. Integrity is the most vital part of the concept of 1Malaysia and the decisive factor to establish a developed Malaysia.