Epithelial System. Purpose: To protect the body and hold organs. 8. Epidermis - he outer layer of the skin covering the entire body. 8. Epidermis. 1. Hair follicle - a small tubular cavity containing the root of a hair. 7. Dermis.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Purpose: To protect the body and hold organs
8. Epidermis - he outer layer of the skin covering the entire body
1. Hair follicle - a small tubular cavity containing the root of a hair
7. Dermis - contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands
1. Hair Follicle
2. Sweat Gland - glands in the skin that secrete perspiration
6. Hypodermis - the innermost and thickest layer of the skin. It acts as an energy reserve
3. Subcutaneous Fat - Fat that is under the skin. Absorbs shock, keeps you warm and provides energy.
2. Sweat Gland
5. Blood Vessels - An elastic tubular channel where blood circulates
3. Subcutaneous Fat
Connective Tissue - tissue made up of fibers forming a framework and support structure for organs
5. Blood Vessels
4. Connective Tissue