Easements, Profits, & Licenses Introduction. Easements -- Generally. 1. Right to a limited use or enjoyment of another’s land Does not include right to possess. “Smaller” interest than a tenant. Easements -- Generally. 2. Protected against interference by third parties.
1. Right to a limited use or enjoyment of another’s land
2. Protected against interference by third parties
3. Not revocable by landowner
4. Not normal incident of ownership of land that easement holder may own.
5. May be created by conveyance
[Most easements are affirmative]
[Not originally recognized at common law.]