FINAL DESIGN REVIEW OF ITER PBS 45 CODAC – PART 1. CODAC Services – DDD (4.6) ITER Organization CHD/CSD/CDC ITER_D_MBSQD4. Content. Content. Introduction What is it? What is it for? What are the main features? Conclusion. Content. Content. Introduction What is it? What is it for?
CODAC Services – DDD (4.6)
* Mini-CODAC provides minimal versions of CODAC services which are sufficient for local I&C development and testing
What are the main featuresof the Runtime Operator Interface?
3. The CA gateway notifies the OPI client of each change – PV value change and/or alarm status/severity change
2. The display connects and subscribes to EPICS PVs via the channel access gateway
1. The OPI display is loaded on an operator terminal
What are the main featuresof the Alarm System?
1. An Alarm Server, reads its configuration from a database
2. Subscribes to EPICS PVs that trigger alarms via the CBS1 channel access gateway
3. Receives and treats alarm changes
4. Stores the updated alarm state in the configuration database
5. Notifies the other clients of the updated alarm state via JMS: to trigger an action, store an alarm message in the log RDB, annunciate the alarm, update the GUI
6. An Alarm Server implements also some treatments: alarm latching, alarm delay and count, filter, maintenance mode…
What are the main featuresof the Health Monitoring?
What are the main featuresof the Electronic Logbook?
The logbook will be used to compile relevant information about an activity so that the activity can be reproduced or so that key findings are documented for later use
It will record planned and unplanned events
What are the main featuresof the Automation of Commands?Different techniques
State machines developed with the State Notation Language (SNL) >> for permanent automation of sequences of commands
Scripts developed in the Python language>> can become complex (handling of disconnection and readback)
Scans - sequence of commands executed by a dedicated server (Scan Server)>> the execution of a scan can be monitored, paused, resumed and aborted
What are the main featuresof the Log Monitoring?
Many log files of different formats distributed on many machines
The current adopted solution - Splunk - collects the error and trace messages and generates reports and dashboards