Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing ( e- QIP) JSAC Workshop February 28, 2007. June E. Martin Raytheon. Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing ( e- QIP) JSAC Workshop. Acknowledgement Office of Personnel Management (OPM) DSS Customer Service Center.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
June E. Martin
Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
DSS Customer Service Center
“Add/Modify Investigation Request” screen
(State & zip must match)
eQIP Rapid Response Team
PO Box 618
Boyers, PA 16018
Requesting SMO initiates the Personal Security Investigation (PSI) request
Once the “Investigation Request” is received by e-QIP, the requesting SMO receives an “Approved” notification
1. If stopped SMO must initiate a new request allowing Subject to make corrections and release back to DISCO.
2. New Release forms will have to be submitted to OPM.
SEE www.dss.mil FOR MORE DETAILS
1. No Contracts?
2. Use eQIP for Special Access?
NOTE: This is not an automatic process.
Can I access e-QIP with my personal computer at home? If so, do I need a special internet browser?
Yes, you can use your personal computer - at home or at the office! e-QIP is designed to be accessible from any computer, anywhere in the world. The only requirement is that you use an internet browser capable of 128-bit encryption.
2. What is the process for completing my SF-86 using e-QIP?
Once you have been notified that you have access, login by entering your social security number and answering the three Golden questions. After logging in the first time, you will be prompted to change your golden questions to ensure the security of your data. After changing your Golden questions, e-QIP presents you with the Main Menu. Select the link entitle, “Enter Your Data” from the main menu screen. After reading all instructions, you can now begin entering your personal data. In order to ensure the completeness of your data, a validation routine will run after each page is submitted. The validation routine will point out any errors and provided detailed instructions on how to satisfy each incorrect or missing item. When you are satisfied that your form is complete, select the “Display Your Data” link from the main menu. After a final review of your date, select the “Certify/Submit” button to finish your form. On the last screen make sure to print a copy for your records and print and sign each form that has a blank for your signature. Only after you have printed and signed the appropriate signature pages, should you click on the final link entitled, “Release Request/Transmit to Agency.”
3. Do I have to change my golden questions?
To protect your personal data from unauthorized disclosure it is highly recommended that you change your golden questions/answers to items that are unique and personally specific to you, but could not easily be guessed by others.
4. I cannot login to e-QIP. What should I do?
After verifying all system requirements listed in the e-QIP brochure, contact your sponsoring agency to verify that you currently have an active request in the e-QIP system.
5. When I try to login, e-QIP displays golden questions that I have never created, or that I don’t know the answer to. What should I do?
If you are getting “bogus” Golden Questions that you do not recognize or do not know the answer to, please contact your sponsoring agency to verify that you currently have an active request in the system or to request that your Golden questions be re-set to the default values.
6. I have just logged in and haven’t entered any data. I don’t know where to start from the Main Menu. What do I do?
Click on the link entitled “Enter Your Data” to begin entering your personal data.
7. What does the “Submit” button do?
The “Submit” button saves any data that you have entered on the current screen.
8. What does the Reset button do?
The Reset button clears (removes) any new data recently entered on a screen that has not been previously saved.
9. Do I have to go through the form question by question, in numerical order?
No. You may skip ahead or go back to any question number by selecting the desired question from the Navigation Bar located at the top right-hand side of the screen. This opens a drop down menu that contains all the sections of the form. Simply select the desired question and press the “Go” button to proceed to selected section.
10. Is there a way to tell which questions I have finished?
Yes. At any time you can go to the Navigation Bar at the top of the screen an select the “Validate, Certify, and Release” link. The system will then display all remaining errors that must be satisfied before you can submit the form.
11. Where do I get help for completing a specific question?
Click the “Help” link located upper left hand corner of each page for additional instructions on completing specific questions.
12. What’s the difference between an “Error” and a “Warning” when validating my data?
A “Warning” message alerts you to a potential problem with your data which may require additional explanation. An “Error” must be corrected prior to certifying your completed form.
13. When should I validate my data?
You can validate your data at any time while you are entering/editing data; however every applicant is required to validate their data on the final screen before they are able to certify their form.
14. Can I certify my form with errors?
No, all “Error” and “Warning” messages must be sufficiently satisfied before you can certify and release your e-QIP request.
15. Should I do anything before I certify my data?
After your data has passed validation you should click on the “Display” link in the upper left hand corner of the screen to verify your data and to ensure that your answers are complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge. Then select “Validate, Certify, and Release” from the Navigation Bar in the top right-hand side of the screen and follow the additional instructions. After certifying your data, you will not be able to edit your form.
16. I have completed this form in the past. Why doesn’t this system have that data?
e-QIP can only retrieve data previously entered into the e-QIP system. Data from previously completed paper forms or data from other automated systems has not been loaded into this system.
17. I’ve only entered a little data, but I have to go to a meeting. What should I do?
Click the “SAVE” button at the bottom of the page to save your data. Then click the “Log-out” button at the top of the screen to exit the system.
18. I don’t have a suffix on my name. What do I do?
Leave the suffix field blank.
19. I don’t have a first or middle name. What do I do?
Check the NFN (no first name) or NMN (no middle name) box.
20. I’m not sure of a date. What do I do?
Estimate the date (month and year) to the best of your ability and check the “EST” checkbox, indicating that this is an estimated date.
21. I have a validation error that says that a date has to be after another date. What does this mean?
Many questions involving dates are validated against the birth date entered in question 2.Most date fields pertaining to the applicant (not relatives) must be after the applicant’s birth date.
22. I am 6 feet tall. I entered 6 feet, but I got an error message telling me to enter inches. What do I do?
Select 0 (zero) for inches and submit.
23. I’ve entered as much information as I think I can for questions 9 and 11, but I still get errors. Why?
To correctly complete an e-QIP request you cannot have gaps between your dates. Validation is based on data entered and any time lapse between the end date of one record and the start date of the next record will prompt and error message. You must indicate all period of self-employment, unemployment, or vacation as appropriate. Please provide as complete a set of data as possible. Depending on the type of investigation you will receive, you may be required to provide 10 years of data for some questions. An error message will indicate if this is the case.
24. On question 9, I get an error message about needing a record with “Present”. What does this mean?
Question 9 requires one record to have an end date for which you have checked the Present box, indicating your current residence.
25. I have to enter a foreign address. What do I do for zip code?
If there is a postal code associated with the foreign address, enter it in the comment field.
26. I hit the Back button and something strange happened. What’s wrong?
As a general rule, do not use your browser’s Back button for navigation within the applicant section of e-QIP. Use the question navigation buttons or the buttons at the bottom of the screen instead.
27. I have more than 3 degrees to enter in question 10. What do I do?
Enter three, click Submit. The system will then display additional lines for you to add additional degrees.
28. Can I see if I am qualified for a security clearance even if I am not a Federal employee?
No. It is not possible to "pre-apply" for a security clearance. Not all Federal employees/contractors have security clearances. Individuals who are tentatively selected for government jobs (or as Federal contractors) will be investigated as appropriate. If access to National Security Information is required, you will need to complete a security questionnaire and an investigation will be conducted. If the investigation results are favorable, a security clearance will be granted if appropriate.