Ancient Arabia. Reference pages 372-378. The Empty Quarter: The world’s largest continuous body of sand. Some parts have no rain for 10 years or more. It is located on the Arabian peninsula. The Arabian Peninsula.
Reference pages 372-378
The Empty Quarter: The world’s largest continuous body of sand. Some parts have no rain for 10 years or more. It is located on the Arabian peninsula.
Desert stretches over the Arabian peninsula. Water is found only at oases. Not all of Arabia is dry. In the southwest, enough rain falls to support plant life. To survive, Arabs formed into clans and tribes who were loyal to one another. The tribes head was called a sheikh.
Persian Gulf- D
Saudi Arabia- F
Arabian Sea- Q
Caspian Sea- G
Red Sea- K
United Arab Emirates- M
Mediterranean Sea- I
Iraq - C
The Kaaba- a low square building surrounded by statues of gods and goddesses.
The prophet Muhammad brought the message of Islam to the people of Arabia after meditating in the hills..
Islam means “surrendering to the will of Allah.”
Allah is the Arabic word for “God.”
Muhammad preached that all people are equal and that the rich should share their goods. This message was well received in Makkah, where most people lived humbly.
1. Who do you think opposed Muhammad’s message and why?
1. Muslims must declare that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is his prophet.
2. Muslims must pray five times per day facing toward the holy city of Makkah/Mecca.
3. Muslims must give to the poor.
4. Muslims must not eat from dawn to dusk during the holy month of Ramadan.
5. Muslims must visit Makkah/Mecca once in their life.
Islam gods and goddesses.