Big hairy goals how to make goal setting work for you
This presentation is the property of its rightful owner.
Sponsored Links
1 / 5

BIG HAIRY GOALS! HOW TO MAKE GOAL SETTING WORK FOR YOU... PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 79 Views
  • Uploaded on
  • Presentation posted in: General

BIG HAIRY GOALS! HOW TO MAKE GOAL SETTING WORK FOR YOU. Why is it important?. It has been suggested by scientists that everything you do all day – the way you act and the way you feel is directly related to your goals.

Download Presentation

BIG HAIRY GOALS! HOW TO MAKE GOAL SETTING WORK FOR YOU...

An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Presentation Transcript


Big hairy goals how to make goal setting work for you

BIG HAIRY GOALS!HOW TO MAKE GOAL SETTING WORK FOR YOU...


Why is it important

Why is it important?

  • It has been suggested by scientists that everything you do all day – the way you act and the way you feel is directly related to your goals.

  • That is, if you are achieving them, you’re happy and excited. If you are not, you are frustrated and upset.


Di d you know

Di d you know...?

  • Setting goals will increase performance by an average of 19%

  • Of a group of students researched, only 3% set goals. Ten years later those 3% were earning ten times the other 97% combined

  • Most people give up on their new year’s resolution in January

  • The brain redirects itself towards what you focus on... (think of red cars and you’ll suddenly see loads on the road).


Which type of goals do you think work best

Which type of goals do you think work best?


What is a stretch goal

WHAT IS A ‘STRETCH’ GOAL?

  • Personal (it’s yours)

  • Realistic (at a stretch, you can do it)

  • End point (there’s a start and an end to it)

  • Positive (it’s what you want to do, not what you want to get away from)

    PREP-are your goals!


  • Login