Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
PHYSICAL EVIDENCE AND THE SERVICESCAPEChapter 10
Donna J. Hill, Ph.D.
Signs, Symbols, and Artifacts
Social Interactions between and among customer and employees
Source: Adapted from Mary Jo Bitner, “Servicescapes.”
Reduce interaction with employees
Less confidence in purchase decision
Dissatisfied with experience
Reduce image of firm
Modify future purchase intentions
1. Recognize strategic impact.
3. Clarify roles of the Servicescape
4. Assess and identify physical evidence
5. Update and modernize
Meet Needs of Customers
Meet needs of customers
Maximize employee efficiency
Reduce costs and increase productivity
Cost Efficiency: Maximize efficiency & productivity.
Customization: Focus on customers.
Technical SQ..: Maximize quality of technical output.
Functional SQ..: Maximize quality of customer
1. Modify layout of facility.
2. Reduce capacity of facility.
3. Control number of customers in facility.
4. Hire more customer contact personnel.
1. Use signs.
2. Modify ambient conditions.