2. Citations notes =. Access your work from home and schoolCreate a list of sourcesCorrect style, punctuation, formattingKeeps notes stored online
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. 1 NoodleTools: Using Notes to Write a Paper & Create an Outline El Centro College Library 214.860.2174
Ask a Librarian for help!
2. 2 Citations + notes = Access your work from home and school
Create a list of sources
Correct style, punctuation, formatting
Keeps notes stored online & helps you organize your notes
Sources are linked to notes
Safeguard against accidental plagiarism
Organize ideas before writing
Highlights possible errors
6. 6 Three-part notes Cut-and-paste
Capture author’s words, images
Get quotes and attribution right
Paraphrase or summarize
Explain it to yourself
Tag concepts and facts
Add reminders and tasks
Prompts you for original thinking
Analyze how it fits your research
Ask questions, evaluate ideas
List “to do” plan
12. 12 Don’t forget to follow your ideas!
13. 13 Organize Your Notecards to Create an Outline Label notecard with title
Identify main idea
Arrange and rearrange notes into piles or clusters
Experiment with subtopics
Attach multiple tags to a notecard
Label important details, themes, concepts
Search through your notes - by one tag, by combinations
Investigate new ways to order information
Encourages flexible thinking
14. 14 Ideas for Organizing Your Notecards Create subtopics and outline
What notes have similar titles or topics?
Pile them together
Add them to your outline
Play with the order, be curious!
What if I make new combinations of notes?
Search by one or more tags to find common ideas among notes
What other ways can I order my outline?
Do new grouping suggest new ways to analyze what I know? New ideas? New questions?
23. 23 Evaluates sources based on information need – analysis asks you to reflect on sources you used in your research!
24. 24 Features
Print out your citations or/and notecards
E-mail your citations or/and notecards
Fill in [class name] to share your list with [Teacher’s name] to get tips and comments
25. 25 What Else? Can I add more tags now that I know more?
Yes! You can always go back to a notecard and add more tags
Other ways to order my ideas?
Reorder by searching on 2-3 tags at once
Any loose ends?
Are there types of sources I missed?
Use button to see the type and range of sources you used
26. 26 Any Questions?
Ask a Librarian for Help!
Visit: El Centro/West Libraries
Email: Ask a Librarian