HANDOFFS AND DROPPED CALLS. Harpinder Kang Khattra. Sub topics. Why Handoff Types of Hand off and their characteristics Dropped call rates and their evaluation. Handoff. Mobiles may move out of coverage area of a cell and into coverage area of a different cell during a call
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Harpinder Kang Khattra
A. Natures of handoff
2. Soft handoff
3. Softer handoff
B. Purposes of handoff
2. Intercell handoff:
3. Inter BSC/MSC handoff:
5. Intercarrier handoffs:
6. Intermode handoff:
C. Algorithms of handoff
1. MCHO (Mobile Control Handoff)
2. NCHO (Network Control Handoff)
3. NCHO/MAHO (Network Control Handoff/Mobile Assists Handoff)
The perception of dropped call rate by the subscribers can be higher due to:
1. The subscriber unit not functioning properly (needs repair).
2. The user operating the portable unit in a vehicle (misused).
3. The user not knowing how to get the best reception from a portable unit (needs education).
Radio Capacity m is expressed as follows:
The general formula of dropped call rate P in a whole system can be expressed as: