Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. 1. Lichen Simplex Chronicus: Vertical striation of collagen surrounding the rete ridges, in the papillary dermis
2. Lichen planus: Irregular “sawtooth” hyperplasia of the epidermis with irregular thickness of the stratum granulosum and a lack of parakeratosis
3. Lupus erythematosus/Dermatomyositis: Atrophy of the epidermis with thickening of the epidermal basement membrane; LE also shows dermal mucin deposition
4. Lichen nitidus: Sharply localized lymphohistiocytic infiltrates involving the BMZ and superficial dermis, with appendageal “collarettes” surrounding them (“bear claws”)
5. Erythema multiforme: A special form of lichenoid & interface dermatitis featuring wholesale apoptosis of epidermal keratinocytes, potentially culminating in sloughing of the entire epithelial skin surface
6. Graft-versus-Host Disease: Usually subtle apoptosis
Lichenoid Dermatitides: Histologic Nuances