A Leadership Model. Jeff Doyle. Introduction.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like the wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.” Matthew 7:24-25
Nick Carter’s Life PrinciplesLife Dream1) Acknowledge the unconditional love of Jesus Christ for him.2) Reflect this love to others.Leadership Model
Help Others Fell Cared For
Help Others Think & Feel Positive About Their Work
Accept Others’ Mistakes
1. Faith and church connection speeded up level-3 VABE sharing.
2. By starting the discussion with memories of his past dreams, the transition to today’s guiding philosophy was easier.
3. More difficult than counseling, because I had something I wanted him to share in one meeting over 45 minutes. i.e. - I could not get him to share his idea of the biggest problems in the world - he got a bit off track trying to explain how he was concerned with helping his kids
4. Surprised that it would take as many active listening skills as it did - I assumed top management leaders would all have a clear idea of their leadership philosophy.
“Should you then seek great things for yourself? Seek them not.” Jeremiah 45:5
I have identified who I am becoming, and if it results in me becoming a leader I will pray even more for God’s wisdom and guidance.
The word leader is used only 6 times in the Bible (King James Bible).
The word servant is used hundreds of times.
James’ and John’s request (Mark 10)
“You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them.
Not so with you.
Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even (I, Jesus) did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give (my) life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:42-45
Knowing God loves me,
I live passionately,
seeking His wisdom & serving His people.
Specifically, God has given me a desire
to building loving relationships
with college students &
help them find His meaning in their lives.
I live each day to the fullest.
1. God loves me no matter what I say or do
2. I seek God’s wisdom and guidance through a personal relationship with him
3. I love people through my words and actions.
4. I love my wife as my best friend. I serve her daily and am faithful to her.
5. I am a brother to my friends and family.
I cherish them for their loyalty and trustworthiness.
1. I enjoy life because God is good.
2. I have faith that anything is possible with God.
3. I give my best in all that I do. I strive for excellence.
4. I keep promises and tell the truth. I am a man of integrity.
5. I am not perfect.
I admit my mistakes and forgive others for theirs.
6. I see setbacks & struggles as opportunities to grow & learn
7. I am a learner, interested in reading, discerning, and
teaching the true wisdom of the ages.
8. I seek first to understand, then be understood. I listen with
empathy and sincerity.
9. Although I prepare for each day, I am flexible to daily
changes that I do not foresee.
10. I am at peace and free of fear because of my trust in God.
11. Recognizing the greatness and goodness of God, I am
humble & give God thanks for all that I have been given
12. I see the Earth and its animals as wonderful creations and
treat them as if I am their caretaker.
13. I take care of my body. I am careful to eat healthy,
sleep enough, and exercise regularly.
1. “If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.” Isaiah 7:9
We need to know who we are and what we believe.
2. At the end of my life I hope to hear the following words of Jesus in Matthew 25 ,
“Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!”